Saturday, June 27

M J and a LNDP!


So everyone is talking about it. I have even been listening to terrestrial radio - and it's all about Michael Jackson. At night, on my way to the bar - I scope out radio stations playing his music, like most others.

When news broke, I called my mother. Why? Because it was as if a family member died. The kind of family member that you probably did not want to be alone with for any lengthy period - but nonetheless...

What is undeniable is that the motherfucker had a great talent. The only thing that I can say about his death is that in some small way, it comes as a relief. Dude has been battling his demons for years. It's doubtful that he would have ever made any more music that would have made a mark on the global scale that he did in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

But that is what is to be remembered. His iconic style of music. There has been no one before or ever will be after. That is why when you are on your 7th vodka, you turn to your bartender and say... "Sir, would you kindly put on some old school MJ so that I can rock my nuts out."

So, on a more serious post... MJ is gone. No doubt to his hyperbolic chamber in the sky. Too bad Bubbles is still alive. That little chimp bitch. So, everyone this week, have a Late Night Dance Party and a shot of Jesus Juice for the late, great, Michael Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment